Welcome

To all those interested in the natural world. Please add your sightings.

In the woods we return to reason and faith-Emerson

Best-Lynn

Saturday, February 4, 2012


2.04.12 Sapcicles hanging from broken or damaged sugar maple branches signal spring to me. I used to love to melt one on my tongue with the thought of maple flavor, but at best I might get sticky mittens! Sap rises when daytime temperatures are around 40 degrees and fall below freezing (but not too low) at night. I've been seeing these seasonal harbingers for more than a week.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely, what a great website and enlightening posts, I surely will bookmark your site.All the Best!
    Battalion 1WAH5 Template, Plain, Bright Brass, 4.5x4.5, PK 3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice weblog here! Also your site so much up fast! What host are you using? Can I get your associate link on your host? I wish my site loaded up as fast as yours lol
    La Canadienne Women's Felicia Boot

    ReplyDelete