Welcome

To all those interested in the natural world. Please add your sightings.

In the woods we return to reason and faith-Emerson

Best-Lynn

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tuesday May 25 The golden fox and his partner who have made a den on the southwest edge of my property have managed to grab and eat 3 hens over the past 14 days. Last week, while on the phone, I heard the rooster's alert call and the hens frantic sqawking. When I got to the porch I could see the fox, with hen's neck in his mouth just entering the woods. I screamed. The fox dropped the hen, remarkably unharmed, and he ran into the woods. Sunday early morning the fox was lying at the edge of the lawn in wait. We have clipped the hens' wings, fortified and heightened the pen fence, and poured used cat litter close to where we believe the fox den is. Any other suggestions are very welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment