Welcome

To all those interested in the natural world. Please add your sightings.

In the woods we return to reason and faith-Emerson

Best-Lynn

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Did I prevent a murder?

On Wednesday around 9 PM I drove from Route 5 up East-West Road. My headlights picked out a small animal that raced across the road in front of me. Far enough in front that I wasn't in danger of hitting it. What was it? From the outline, a cat. The cat headed through the grass towards one of the homes. Just as I was taking this in, I saw another outline of an animal, more or less where the cat had been. This animal bounded onto the edge of the road and then into the grass of the shoulder and then bounded back out. At first I thought it was a fox. Maybe it was a fisher? Maybe I came just at the right time to give the cat a chance to escape.

Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment