Welcome

To all those interested in the natural world. Please add your sightings.

In the woods we return to reason and faith-Emerson

Best-Lynn

Sunday, June 14, 2009




I solved a question that was bugging me for a week or so. The birdsong had a high and thin pitch and the song changes. Then I listened to Stokes tape and it was clearly a redstart. I couldn't see it, but I certainly heard it.

Earlier, while we were fixing the bridge on my nature path, we heard a rose-breasted grosbeak singing its heart out. It's clear sweet up and down voice is thrilling.

While in the garden we heard pee-a-wee, wood thrush, and yellow common throat.
Tomorrow, I hope to take some time to listen to Stoke's CD.

Honey bees arrived on our white clover and anemone. I know about the tragic loss of honey bees, so I was filled with hope as I looked at them

No comments:

Post a Comment