Welcome

To all those interested in the natural world. Please add your sightings.

In the woods we return to reason and faith-Emerson

Best-Lynn

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Catalpa has been in bloom for several days now. Last year was the first time I smelled its flowers. "Absolutely delicious," my mother used to say. There is one tree that has a gigantic branch that leans over Route 5 in Dummerston. One of my friends is sure that the branch will crash down and hit a car. I'm more optimistic. It's often the case that the cells of underneath these branches have thicker cell walls and are more densely packed then the cells on the topmost section of the branch. One of these days I will take a picture of it.
Here is a picture of the gigantic blooms. Imagine a whole tree with these flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment